As well as the physical problems of data migration caused by the ever evolving hardware, software and formats of digital media, there are enormous potential financial problems with document imaging and
‘Each data migration may lose up to 5% of stored information’ - Gartner Research
There are significant costs associated with:
- Capital expenditure on new scanning and storage hardware
- Software upgrades and developments
- Maintenance of equipment and software
- Re-scanning lost documents
- Time associated with recovering lost documents
- Financial penalties for missing files
- Re-keying of lost information
- Financial implications for missing information
- Not being compliant with current legislation such as Data Protection, Legal Admissibility and Freedom of Information.
- Replacing digital systems ever 3-5 years
Genus Imaging Technology advises and supplies document and records management systems that will not only provide the correct solution for your document storage requirements but also at an economic long term financial cost meeting defined budgets.